Sunday 6 November 2011

In the mood for meat and two veg......

I was in Leeds at the weekend having a lovely browse around all the usual shoe shops for a new pair of winter boots that I worked up an appetite and I was in need of real sustenance. I thought to myself, what do I fancy eating right now? A nice roast dinner with all the trimmings but somewhere a little more upmarket than the usual pubs I go to! My friends had recommended me to try a place called Sams Chophouse which I have walked past many times but never actually eaten there.  On weekends they have an offer where 2 courses at £13.99 so I thought why not. When I arrived at the restaurant with my partner, it took quite a while for someone to seat us, not sure why, as it was quiet and then we had wait at the bar while our table was being cleaned. I decided to order the white bait and chips for starters as I love eating fish and when it arrived I was so disappointed as the portion size was absolutely tiny. I couldn't wait to tuck into my pork roast dinner but I had a long long wait of 45 minutes before it arrived on my table and I was staring longingly at the other customers plates filled with nice smelling food at the other tables. When the pork dinner arrived I was well annoyed as no-one gave us an apology or explanation  why it had taken so long to serve the mains, the restaurant was not busy at all. I was hoping the pork dinner was going to make up for this poor service and delay but sadly not, the pork was bland and dry, and I had totally lost my appetite by then. When we had to pay for the bill, it was hard parting with my hard earned cash for the poor service and bland tasting meal as I felt I was being totally ripped off. I was still hungry so when I got home so I cooked up my favourite nissan noodles and felt so much better afterwards! Don't you just hate it when you visit a place which you have been looking forward to and you end being so disappointed that it puts you in a bad mood for the rest of the evening?? Even though this restaurant seems to have a reputation for fine food, I will probably not be eating at this place again as the food was nothing special and the service was dreadful......I think I will stick to going to the Reliance instead for good quality delicious food and service.

Anyway hope everyone had a fab Bonfire night party! I love watching the fireworks every year. Totally impressed with Henry as he wasn't a scaredy cat, usually he hides when there is a lot of noise about but he kept jumping onto the window sill to check out the bright bursts of colour in the sky. After a while, he was exhausted and ended up sleeping again (!)

No comments:

Post a Comment