Sunday 13 November 2011

Trinity cafe

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! Yesterday I decided to try this little cafe situated in the Trinity Church on Boar Lane whilst attempting to start on the Christmas shopping. I have always walked past it but never been in until yesterday. Apparently the Trinity cafe is part of Create, a social enterprise that helps people get into employment which is similar to Jamie Oliver's Fifteen. When I entered the cafe, it was lovely, bright and cosy inside much than what I expected as outside the church as there a massive building site where the new Trinity shopping centre is being built. I decided to order a brew and the homemade mushroom soup with a bread roll. My partner asked for a tuna and cheese toastie and a coffee. I have to say the food tasted great, service was good and I can't really complain about the the price. It is alot cheaper than the chain cafes such as your Starbucks and Pret a Mangers. I think this place is going to turn into regular drop in for me when I am in town with all the mad Christmas shoppers around me and I am in dire need for a brew and decent  grub over the next month or so......I noticed that Create have recently opened a new restaurant in the city centre which I can't wait to try out so hopefully I will post a review soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment